Learn to create your own designer home in just a few short hours, for Under &100 — with just the furniture you already own!
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen this trend.
Whenever we think of summer, we often think of white or jewel tones.
While I love these colors I fit somewhere in the middle.
Which is why I was thrilled to see these gorgeous warm blues, aquas and green shades make their way back into summer decorating!
You might remember these beautiful aqua tones – but back then they were often paired with chocolate brown.
When we all moved away from brown tones – these beautiful aquas and greens got left behind as well!
Now here’s the “new” design trick: pair these beautiful blues with soft greens and/or white to pull off a very stylish color palette.
Think light and go monochromatic.
Of course, I’m not recommending a complete overhaul.
But instead add a few key decorative pieces that will really make your home pop this summer!
Here are just a few of my ideas:
And add a pop of color with a collection of flowers
I absolutely love this updated take on florals.
So what you think about these color?
Does it bring back terrible memories of decorating gone bad from the early 2000s?
Or are you ready to embrace it again?
Remember – mix these colors with similar tones and/or white for a fresh new look.
Leave a comment and share your favorite way to incorporate color!
All of these stunning pieces are available at Village Antiques, my go to shop for any decorating project!
And if you know someone that would love this blog, don’t forget to help them out and share this blog with them!
Till the next time we meet, keep making your home amazing with your design gifts!
P.S. Please be sure to check out our great workshops to transform your home!
If you haven’t been to one of our Chalk Painting Workshops, you’re missing out on a game-changing event.
Painting your furniture is the BEST way to give your home a fresh new look with minimal hassle, and it’s one of my go-to tricks whenever I need a change. Sounds scary, and I’m sure you’re thinking you would love to tackle a project BUT fear you may ruin your piece!
That’s why I’m going to walk you through the process step-by-step. Discover which workshop is the right fit for you:
1. Beginners Hands-On Workshop- Are you new to chalk painting? Would you love expert feedback while you work hands-on on a smaller project before you dive into that piece of furniture or your kitchen? Then this class is for you!
We’ll dive into beginner and advanced techniques that will give your furniture the professional POP and finishes to set it apart from the hobbyists and the amateur look.
You’ll learn how to paint like a pro, seal for long lasting finishes, and use our antiquing glazes to create furniture that looks antique and expensive…even if it’s brand new or a bargain find. You will learn how to master all our tools and our must have tips throughout the process.
You’ll also be shown the fundamentals of distressing. If you truly want to give your furniture that classic vintage style, then it’s absolutely VITAL you learn how to distress your paint.
You’ll leave the class with samples, your very own painted decorative object and the confidence to tackle those bigger projects and know how to do “right”.
Plus, you’ll learn 2 bonus tips that we don’t teach any other class!
2. Advanced Hands-On Workshop- Get ready to skyrocket your painting skills to the professional level. In the pro class, you’ll learn 6 never before taught complicated designer paint finishes!
You will learn:
* It is highly recommended you take the Beyond Basics or the Happy Hour course before enrolling for the Advanced Pro Class. We will jump right into several Advanced Techniques. Plus, you’ll get to leave with samples you can keep referring back to for years to come.
3. Register for the FREE Fundamentals Deminar - New to the world of chalk furniture paint and want to see what is all about? Then this is the demonstration for you.
*Please note this is a demonstration only. If you want a hands-on experience we recommend the next workshop, The Beginners Hands-On Workshop.
You’ll learn the fundamentals about our products—everything from our step-by-step process to applying the paint, drying times, how to select colors that work best together, mistakes to avoid, and additional pro secrets and tips.
We guarantee that this workshop will let you recreate your favorite designer looks in under 2 HOURS (versus weeks). It’s our most popular option, and what we recommend to beginners.
4. Paint-a-Piece Happy Hour Workshop. Just want to have some fun but still learn a thing or two? Then come in with the piece you want to paint and a certified Amitha Verma teacher will show you how to paint the right way. You’ll learn how to avoid costly mistakes, we’ll help you with color suggestions, show you how to apply sealer and antiquing glazes like a pro, and give you expert tips and guidance. Bring a friend, make it a ladies afternoon or personalized party event! Perfect for private parties or fundraising events!
What’s more, you’ll leave with a finished product!
All of our classes are small, with only a handful of people. This means you get personal attention no matter which class you choose.
But they fill up fast, so sign up now before your spot is gone! Click here to register:
Grab my FREE eWorkbook & learn how to transform your home in under 2 hours
Amitha with Oprah Winfrey
I love the paint, it was so easy!
Just a quick note to say that I love your new paint line!! The colors are beautiful and it goes on so smooth and silky. The gray wax is fabulous. I'm getting some great new looks with your paint but most of all I'm having fun using them!! Hope all is well.
High-priced interior decorators desperately want this hidden: YOU can transform your home into a gorgeous dwelling—all by yourself—and save thousands. All you need is a few dollars’ worth of material. Access this amazing secret RIGHT NOW, and revitalize your home...in just a few hours.